Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A trip to the Yolo Wildlife area just past Davis, CA

Today my friend, King, and I drove to the Yolo area and observed many water fowl. Here you can see just some of the MANY coots swimming away from me as I took the picture. These are interesting birds. In order to fly off of the water, they run ON the water with their wings flapping waiting for air speed so they can lift off.
My camera is NOT the best for taking bird pictures, but I tried to get a few shots. The birds we witnessed today were: Red-winged Black Birds, Northern Harrier, White faced Ibis, Great Egret, Blue-winged teal, Cinnamon tel, Marsh wrens all singing their buzz songs, Mallards, Pied-billed grebe, Black Phoebe, Double Crested Cormorant, Shoveler Duck, Savannah Sparrow, Killdeer, gadwall, Meadow Lark, Cliff Swallow, great Blue Heron, Ring-necked Duck, Pheasant, white-tailed Kite, and a group of Dulin. the other birds are below with pictures.
I sure love watching the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment