Saturday, April 7, 2012




On the way to the lake, we came upon lovely, yellow Sun Cups, patches of Popcorn Flowers, California Poppies, and a large area of Lupine and Stork’s Bills. After arriving at the lake, we ate lunch at one of the very nice picnic tables. As I was sitting with Lea, I motioned round us with my arms out wide and said, "This is real life! Not sidewalks, streets, concrete, noise, and grime." She looked at me like she was agreeing wholeheartedly. THEN the three children really had a ball.
How can one adequately describe a three year old during 30 min. of wading in the water gathering weeds using a stick? Check out the glee on his face.
Way too soon for all of us, we headed back down the hill and to my home. Hosing off, washing clothes, and a bath were necessary. But all were happy, well, and full after Chicken Noodle Soup. Luckily I have swings, stuffed animals, and Lego's for kids to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment