Friday, October 26, 2012

The King and I

My recent trip to the coast.
This past Tuesday my friend, King, said to pack a lunch and when he arrived said, "Dog park, not far." A few weeks ago he had taken me to the Marin County Dog Park and showed me where he and dog BO like to romp. I thought that this trip would be not far from there. HA!
Not Far, my foot! We were on a straight run, 2 hours of it, passing the famed dog park, going NW, and ending up at Pt Reyes Light House along the Pacific Coast, no breaks!
What an adventure! I quickly found out that small bumps to a car passenger are HUGE ones to a motorcycle rider in the back! I heard and felt every bump in my neck. I honestly thought I would be seeing a chiropractor ALL day Wednesday.
Not only that, but neither of us had an easy time getting OFF of the cycle. Age does set in! Talk about cold and stiff. My index fingers were numb, not due to the cold so much since I had on good motorcycle gloves, but due to the fact that I had been holding onto the struts behind me that secure the back seat to the cycle! This at least kept me ON the bike and not flying off into the barrow pit.
But when we arrived, the views and waves were worth it. We were atop a huge Cliff with the light house at the bottom on the edge of the sea. Just our luck that the light house was closed Tuesday and Wednesday, but we still had great views. I could see the Murres on the cliffs and rocks below.
King suggested eating our picnic lunches at a beach and we headed back to South beach that had lots of sand, but I was amazed that the sand was very coarse, not like any other beach I had ever been on. The rocks over which the water moves must be different.
I would love to go back again, this time with a camera and my binoculars AND in a car! King took the pictures sent here.
On the way back, I wised up and did a bit of "Posting--English style" so that my legs took the brunt and not my neck. Did NOT have to visit the Chiropractor!
It is nice to know that King deems me as good a friend as his dog, BO, since he takes me to the dog parks!

No comments:

Post a Comment