Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Inspiration

         I am constntly amazed at the almost continuous inspiration I receive in my life.  By this I mean that as I go about different activities, thoughts come to me that help or solve a situation. 

        For instance, last Saturday Haydn and Hunter and I were hiking in Rockville Hills Park and came to the lake at which were about 10 college students wading collecting specimens for an invertebrate zoology class.   As we aproched a table where their specimens were displayed, one girl was concerned about something on her hand.  I thought it was a wood sliver.  But out of my mouth came, "Hair, use your braid!" and I grabbed her braid and got her hand up to it and brushed the end of the braid over the hurt place like a paint brush.  She then indicated that it had been a bee sting and that the stinger was now no longer in it.  The forester produced a sting-ease medication, and all was well.  They all were thankful that my quick thought and order had worked so well.  So was I!

        Then on Monday while at Rush Ranch for a panel painting project, four sticky places needed to be gotten rid of.  Sandpaper was suggested, but none of the 6 of us had any.  Then, popping into my mind was the fact that this was a ranch with a work shop across the large parking space and perhaps some was there.  Finding a Docent working nearby, I asked her if she had sandpaper and she asked what number.  100 was one of the painter's answer, so I relayed this information and soon had two wood-blocks surrounded with the needed sandpaper, which I quickly used to make fast work of getting rid of the unwanted surface.   After returning the sandpaper blocks, I realized that I was not needed since there were already too many to do the job, so I headed home thankful that I had filled a need.

        Later, I got a call to help a mom with her 2 day-old baby needing a look-see at proper latching--which is my specialty concerning breastfeeding.  I helped with new techniques and suggestions, and all went well then and later.  It seems the Lord really cares about these nursing mothers and sends inspiring thoughts to me when I am about this business.

       Much later, I got a text from a granddaughter concerning creating a thesis statement.  I texted back several times and was amazed at the information that I gave with hardly even thinking about the answers!  She was very thankful as was I to again fill a need.

      I really feel and know that the Lord helps us as we strive to do His will.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! Definitely fulfilment of the promise that the Holy Ghost can tell us "All things that we should do". Thanks for sharing your stories! :)

    ReplyDelete