Friday, June 8, 2012

Texas Time

I spent three weeks in Texas with the families of two of my sons:  Andrew and Quentin Morford.  Along the River Walk in San Antonio, Texas, Daphne and Jona paused for a photo shoot.  We had fun walking around and eating at one of the MANY resturants.

Of course we visited the Alamo and enjoyed the history and artifacts.  This old Live Oak tree was amazing.
I got to see and hear Daphne sing in a school chorus, see both Jona and Daphne at swim team, and watch as the kids prepared their mom a mother's day breakfast with their dad. 
As usual, I got to read books to the kids, always a fun time.
I also got to see first hand the busy lives the wives of my sons have as they prepare to head up the PTA this next year at their Spanish Emersion Elementary School.  WOW, talk about full lives!

At Quentin's I resumed reading from "The Little House On The Prarie" to a captivated audience of the older boys, Taran 12 and Kieran 10.  Taran quiped, " I don't want anyone else to read this to me but YOU Grandma!"
Taran played his trumpet at a fantastic school band concert that sounded much better than my high school band ever did!
I walked little Carsten to the local Willow Book store for story-time each week.  Also got to be in on the garden plot of the Girl Scouts that Michele leads for her daughter and friends.

Here are the 6 Texas grandchildren all with eyes glued to the computer: 
 Carsten almost 4, Daphne 9 1/2, Aislin 6, Kieran 10, Taran 12, and Jona 6.
What lively, bright, and thoughtful children these are.  All learning to perfect their swiming on the swim team.
While in Texas I got to camp out with the Ward Scout troop with my son and grandsons.  Quentin took me birding at Edith Moore park, and we had Sunday dinners with both families.

1 comment:

  1. GO MORFORDS! You guys are so cool with all you know and are doing.

    Jane, I would second the comment about you being the only person to read to us...thus the worn out recorded books you send for Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete