Friday, June 8, 2012

Boy Fun in Colorado

Here are three of my Colorado grandboys cooling off on their slipery water slide on a hot May day.  This is in Castle Rock, CO and they live at the edge of a housing area with hills and paths behind them.  You see Damon, 7, Kelton, 3 1/2, and Tyson, 9, having a gleeful time  

Ten year old Connor and his dad, Nick, have just created a wonderful Water Rocket and are testing it out.  It shot at least 100 feet in the air.  Much fun!
Perhaps you can see the garden in back of the guys. I helped pland some seeds and then so did Sara. Just this last week, June 6th or 7th, I asked Sara how the seedling were doing as well as the tomatoe plants, etc. tht were doing well when I left. She said that much is up and all is well. About one hour later she e-mailed with the horrible news that half-dollar size hail had decimated the whole garden and beautiful peonies and bleeding hearts as well! Something akin to the Utah crickets but no gulls were in sight!
I had the fun of reading many stories to the Warnick boys.  I am so very glad that all of my grandchildren love to listen to books as well as to read them.  I sure do!

1 comment:

  1. The boys are so big and handsome!

    Nick is such a great dad...LOVE the water rocket.

    How sad about the garden...poor Sara! I feel her pain. I'm sure there is something we are supposed to learn about that part of our garden, too. My parents just found squash bug eggs on our leaves at home. Might as well be hail since I'm in Ukraine. :(

    ReplyDelete